GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. In Philippians 1:6, Paul writes, "... being confident of this, that God who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." What does this verse teach us about God's faithfulness and God's commitment to our growth and transformation?
2. Philippians 1:9-11 says, "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." How can we cultivate a love that abounds more and more, and what role does knowledge and discernment play in this process?
3. According to Philippians 1:10, the purpose of growing in love is to "discern what is best". What does it mean to discern what is best in our lives, and how can we make choices that align with God's best?
4. Philippians 1:11 speaks of being "filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ." What does it mean to be filled with the fruit of righteousness and can we actively participate in producing this fruit in our lives?
5. The ultimate goal of our growth and transformation, as mentioned in Philippians 1:11, is for the glory and praise of God. How does living a life filled with the fruit of righteousness bring glory and praise to God, and what impact does it have on our witness to others?