GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. How does this eyewitness testimony of Peter and the other apostles impact the authority and reliability of the gospel message?
2. In 2 Peter 1:19, Peter refers to the prophetic word as a "lamp shining in a dark place." What is the significance of this metaphor?
3. According to 2 Peter 1:20-21, how should we understand the prophecies of Scripture? What safeguards are provided to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the prophetic message?
4. Peter emphasizes the divine origin of Scripture in 2 Peter 1:21, stating that " ...men and women moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." What implications does this have for our understanding of the inspiration and authority of the Bible?
5. In 2 Peter 1:16-21, Peter underscores the importance of Scripture as a sure and reliable source of truth. How does this passage challenge our views on personal experiences, emotions, or subjective interpretations? How can we balance the role of Scripture and personal experiences in our faith?