Worship Gathering - Ten Words #2
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday, we continue our sermon series called Ten Words: A Study Through the Ten Commandments. We will look at the Ten Commandments that God has given to all who love him. What role do they play in our lives today? Do we still consider each as a "Word from the Lord"? Could it be that God’s way of living described in these commands are still valid and relevant today. This week we will look at the 2nd commandment. What does God have to say to you in this?
This is also Memorial Day Sunday. We will take a moment in our service to give thanks to God for those who were willing to make the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
Reflection Questions: (Privately or invite a few friends to discuss!)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Is anyone familiar with the song “The Perfect 10”? If not, it is easily accessible online. What do you think of their paraphrase of each commandment?
3. Do you agree or disagree with Keller’s definition of an idol? Why or why not?
3. Have you ever experienced an everyday thing in your own life being turned into an idol? Maybe a person, or a sports team, or a job? If so, would you be willing to share that experience?
4. Consider reading the passage from Acts 17 referenced in the sermon. What are the similarities and dissimilarities to Athens as Paul describes it and the culture today?
5. How might faithfulness to this commandment help grow your Christian witness?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?