Celebrate Recovery® Lesson 6 - ACTION
Action: How To Make Good Choices In Bad Situations
Principle 3: Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
Step 3: We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God.
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, this is your true and proper worship.” Romans 12:1
· Accept Jesus Christ as Your Higher Power and Savior.
· Commit to seek and follow His will.
· Turn it over.
· It’s only the beginning.
· One day at a time.
· Next: how do I ask Christ into my life?
Accept Jesus Christ As Your Higher Power And Savior
Romans 10:9: If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord”, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Commit To Seek And Follow His Will
Psalm 143:9-10: Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your Good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Turn It Over
Matthew 11:28-30: Come to me and I will give you rest – all of you who work so hard beneath a heavy yoke. Wear my yoke – for it fits perfectly and let me teach you; for I am gentle and humble, and you shall find rest for your souls.
It’s Only The Beginning
Philippians 1:6: God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in His grace until His task within is finally finished.
One Day At A Time
Matthew 6:34: So, don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow, too. Live one day at a time.
Next: How Do I Ask Christ Into My Life?
How to establish a spiritual BASE for my life:
1. Believe Jesus Christ died for me on the cross and showed He was God by coming back to life (1 Corinthians 15:2-4).
2. Accept God’s free forgiveness for my sins (Romans 3:22).
3. Switch to God’s plan for my life (Mark 1:16; Romans 3:22).
4. Express my desire to allow Christ to be the director of my life (Romans 10:9).
James 1:22: But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Daily Action Plan from James 4:7-10:
1. Submit to God.
2. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
3. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
4. Cleanse your hands, you sinners.
5. And purify your hearts, you double-minded.
6. Be wretched, and mourn, and weep.
7. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
8. Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you.
James 2:26: For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
LEADER’S FOCUS QUESTION
What ACTION do you need to take in your recovery and why?