Walking with God is not a brisk 2 mile walk as we would think in today’s ways. Walking with the Lord is a lifetime walk. Where you go, he goes. Where he goes, you go.
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.
So, this is an excellent place to start. What does it take to walk with the Lord?
1. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Jesus said, no one gets to the father but through me.
If you declare that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
2. Listen to him. There is so much more than thinking we are listening to him. To listen to God, we must pray. We must read his word. We must praise him. We must allow quiet time for him. The Lord speaks to us through his word, through God’s children, and audible voice.
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
3. Trust him with all that is within you. What he knows, we don’t. What I know, he knows! Truth is, it is impossible to follow, if we don’t trust.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding.
4. Obey him at all times. Obeying God is the most essential way that we please him. It requires surrendering (worship) to him. We are in the midst of so many people from all kinds of backgrounds and believes. We will be tempted to sin. Sin and holiness don’t mix. We are instructed to forsake sin.
1 Corinthians 10:13
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
5. Love him with all your heart.
Love the Lord your God, walk in his ways, obey his commandments, hold firmly to him. And serve him with all your heart and all your soul.