Sermon Synopsis: Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem, as well as the 300 other prophecies he fulfilled while on the earth, reveal him as God’s promised ruler, the Messiah, who will provide, protect, and bring everlasting peace to His people – all of the things we long for, found in the only one who can be our Perfect King.
1. The Child Promised (Micah 5:1-5a)
2. The Promise Fulfilled (Matthew 2:1-12)
Questions to discuss together today:
1. What ruler are you trusting in to provide, protect, and bring peace?
2. How is Jesus the better ruler?
3. How do you believe God is leading you to respond to His word this morning?