Check this out...
- One of the Fruits of the Spirit.
- A beneficial result of having the Holy Spirit in us.
- It’s goodness for the benefit of others.
- Choosing to be a blessing to someone.
- It’s doing things out of the goodness of our hearts.
- It’s gratitude-driven as are most of these.
- Puffs up if it’s not seeking God’s wisdom.
- It’s meant for a relationship not just to become the smartest person in the room.
- It’s a gift God gives to those who ask.
- Your ability to know what God’s word says helps others know what’s right from wrong.
Self-control...another Fruit of the Spirit:
- Temperance in the KJV.
- The ability to control oneself, constraint or say NO!
- Your ability to control yourself helps others see Jesus in your life.
- A natural by-product of a life lived in self-control.
- Continuing to move in one direction without getting side-tracked, without stumbling over the obstacles life throws at us.
- It’s continuing to invest/invite someone to church.
- Anyone else’s Mom ever tell you “Cleanliness is next to godliness?”
- Godliness is seeking first the kingdom of God & His righteousness - Matt. 6
- It’s a huge gain when partnered with contentment – 1 Timothy 6
- It’s valuable in every way for this life and the life to come – 1 Timothy 4
- “Hello Brother!”
- “The Right Hand of Christian Fellowship!”
- It’s the David & Jonathan relationships
- It’s the New Testament Church
- It’s the Paul & Timothy relationships
- It’s the crowning characteristic of our faith. They may not see all of the others at first – those may take time. But they should see our love.
- It’s 1 Corinthians 13 daily, hourly and by the minute.
- This one is most definitely all about relationships of all kinds.