DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD
Return Of The King
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk.” 3 And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5 And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations.” 6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.
When I saw her, I marveled greatly. 7 But the angel said to me, “Why do you marvel?
The Four Women Of The Apocalypse
(Rev 2:20) Jezebel
Message: Don’t tolerate her
(Rev 12:1-6) The Pregnant Woman
Message: Celebrate Her
(Rev 17:1-16) The Great Prostitute
Message: Beware of her
(Rev 21:9) The Bride
Message: Become her
!!! Our God has no rival. He is without equal. There is NO ONE and NO THING that you can compare Him with!!!
“To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One.” Is 40:25 NLT
FOUR FACTS ABOUT THE DEVIL
#1 Satan is not his name, it is his title
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8).
#2 Hell is not his kingdom or throne
“and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.” (Re 20:10).
#3 He does not know the truth
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44, ESV)
#4 He is not God’s equal
"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:14, ESV)
The devil wants something he can never have, to be like the most high
Chapter 17 and 18 is an unveiling of the spirit of this age and it comes with a warning from two angels
1. THE FIRST ANGEL: DO NOT FALL FOR JEZEBEL’S SEDUCTION SHE WILL PROMISE EVERYTHING AND LEAVE YOU WITH NOTHING
Revelation 17:1 (ESV) “Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters”
The Warning From The First Angel
* She is Seductive but Savage (vs 1-5; 6)
* She is Strong and Self-Condemned (vs 6-9)
* She is Strategic but Selfish (vs 9-10; 11-13)
Her seduction is always an exchange. Give me something from tomorrow in exchange for something from today
DO NOT SACRIFICE WHAT YOU NEED MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT NOW
2. THE SECOND ANGEL: DO NOT FALL FOR JEZEBEL’S SIREN SONG, SHE’S WOOING YOU ONTO A SINKING SHIP
Revelation 18:1–2 (ESV) “After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory. 2 And he called out with a mighty voice”
In his book Exalting Jesus In Revelation, Daniel Akin likens Revelation 18 to Jezebels funeral song
Stanza 1: The Heavens Sing Jezebel’s Judgement (18:1–8).
* This worldly system is judged for its demonic nature (18:1–2).
* This worldly system is judged for its idolatries (18:3).
* This worldly system is judged for its sinfulness (18:4–5).
* This worldly system is judged for its pride (18:6–8).
Stanza 2: The Earth Mourns Jezebel’s Loss (18:9–19).
* Rulers weep over her sudden judgment (18:9–10).
* Businessmen and businesswomen mourn for their loss (18:11–17).
* Shipping will grieve over her destruction (18:17–19).
Stanza 3: The Angels rejoice at Jezebel’s demise (18:20–24).
* There will be no record of her (18:21).
* There will be no rejoicing over her (18:22).
* There will be no rebuilding of her (18:22).
* There will be no reflection of her (18:23).
* There will be no recovery for her (18:23).
* There will be no respect for her (18:23).
* There will be no redemption for her (18:24).
Scripture sets the standard… there is one sure way to deal with Jezebel in your life, throw the witch out the window