Jesus wants to lay out the cost of discipleship
• He never promises an easy road / smooth road.
• However, we are promised the peace of Christ.
• We are promised fellowship with God / salvation from sins.
• We are promised God will never leave nor forsake us.
• We are promised truth.
• To come into covenant with Christ is no light matter.
• Jesus did not want an ABC prayer, that would have been foreign to people in that day.
• Only cross bearers can be His disciple, only those who renounce the world.