Showing Mercy To Others is Part of That Plan.
When God has been merciful to you, you have no choice but to be merciful to others!
“The merciful are blessed, for they will be shown mercy.” (Matthew 5:7)
• Because God has shown you mercy. “Shouldn’t you also have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I had mercy on you?” (Matthew 18:33)
• Because God commands you to be merciful. “... O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8) [NLT]
• Because you’ll need mercy in the future. “For judgment is without mercy to the one who hasn’t shown mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.” (James 2:13)
How Can You Show Mercy To Others?
1. Be patient with quirky people. (Ephesians 4:2)
2. Help the hurting. (Proverbs 3:27)
3. Give people a second chance. (Ephesians 4:31-32)
4. Get involved with the disenfranchised. (Matthew 9:10-13)
5. Value relationships over rules. (Matthew 12:1-8)