1. What’s “something new” you experienced, visited, saw, or heard in the last month?
2. Looking back at your notes, was there anything you heard for the first time or something that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
3. There are four biblical commands concerning the Holy Spirit:
· Walk by the Spirit (Gal 5:16, 25);
· Be continually filled with the Spirit (Eph 5:18)
· Do not quench the Spirit (1 Thess 5:19)
· Do grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30)
What are some very practical ways you can fulfill these commands? Give examples from everyday life.
4. How do we guard our hearts against becoming cynical, skeptical, irritable, callous, or cold? How do you cultivate a tender heart toward the kingdom (seeing God reign in every aspect of your life; an openness to change and grow in grace)?
5. Heading into winter, some people can experience Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) because they don’t get sufficient sunlight. Spiritually, how can you prevent Spiritual Affective Disorder? In other words, how can you increase your regular exposure to the light of God’s Word?
6. Who is the One Life that God has put in your pathway to help understand the light of Jesus and the gospel? How can you become more passionate about ensuring they have an opportunity to engage and discuss the potential of faith in Christ?
7. What is the daily “something new” that you sense God might be leading you toward?