Well, let’s get caught up really quick! We are in a study of Philippians and we have entitled that study Be Happy (Chose Joy)
I truly hope you have been reading all of Philippians each week! It will help bring all that we have learned come to light and God will continue to pour out fresh revelation as you read it each time!
As we have looked at Paul’s letter to Philippi, we see him encouraging the church. Again, it’s not that the church was in dire straights, he was simply saying… keep these things in check and you will avoid some serious pitfalls!
1) He has told them that God’s grace should fill our hearts with Joy.
2) He encouraged them to keep from complaining through their circumstances, but instead rejoice that God can use them to share the light of Christ! (let’s be real, our emotions can get the best of us…)
3) That’s why He also pointed out that maturity means being able to live with all kinds of emotions and still focus on Jesus.
4) As the letter continues, we see that Joy is maximized when we love one another well, and Jesus modeled humility as the way to do so. In that, following the example of Jesus, we should pour ourselves out for others.
5) In doing that, you know what we do? We live the kind of life that makes others want to follow Jesus by living out that light daily ourselves!
6) One thing to keep in check though is that we are not a one man band! Sharing the story of Jesus requires selflessness, sacrifice and teamwork. Everyone plays a crucial role!
7) And recognizing that helps us remember we can’t earn our salvation. It is in Jesus alone. It’s not how amazing we are as a team member/team leader, but rather grasping on to the fact that Ultimate Joy is found in “Jesus Only.”
All of that understanding puts us here… in the 2nd half our Ch. 3 in our modern day bibles!