Here is a brief Outline of the sermon to help you follow along.
I. Who is Moses in the Bible?
A. Four entire books devoted to Moses.
B. The rest of the Bible is responding to Moses.
C. Moses let's the people know of God's Law.
D. Moses is a friend to God.
II. Who is Moses in Exodus 2?
A. Born to Hebrew woman.
B. Raised in Egyptian family.
C. Commits murder.
D. Rejected by both Egypt and Israel.
E. Flees to Midian.
F. Doesn't know the end to his own story.
III. Who am I?
A. Question Moses may be asking.
B. Question we ask ourselves numerous times.
C. Multiple ways of answering the question.
IV. Reformed Doctrine of Vocation
A. God's call on our lives.
1. Adam and Eve called to "rule" over the world.
2. Not to selfishly exploit it, but to help it flourish.
3. The fall ruined human ability to fulfill that calling.
4. Jesus restored that calling.
5. We are called to serve Jesus and serve the church now.
1. God gives each of us certain gifts and passions.
2. God calls us to use those gifts in a certain way and a certain time.
3. The church and world needs all people using their variety of gifts.
A. Called to lead Israel. But, before that, was called to be a shepherd.
B. God used Moses' skills and character in unique way.
C. God used Aaron's skills to supplement Moses' skills.
VI. Who is Moses?
A. A child of God whom God loves.
B. A child of God through whom God worked.
C. A child of God who followed God's call on his life.
VII. Who are we?
A. Children of God whom God loves.
B. Children of God whom God wants to work through.