The series Together: Responding to His Great Love is foundational to our new beginning at PCC. By studying the 12 springs from the great well of God’s love in the Book of 1 John, our hope is that it would empower us to love ourselves and others more, as we seek His future direction. This week, we focus on how God’s love provides us with Identity, longing, and purpose.
1. In the last week, how did you receive and/or release the love of God? If not, what could you do to position your soul more to do so?
2. Lectio Divina: 1 John 4:7-5:5 What stood out (words, phrases, theme) to you after the second or third time you read it through?
3. When you think of who you are, what labels or statements do you tend to say about yourself? Do they align with being a “beloved, dear child of God”?
4. John encourages his readers that to belong to a community of Christ followers means you confess the death and resurrection of Jesus and you use your life to impact that community. How do you align with John’s affirmation?
5. To say that I love Jesus and yet I may “hate” or despise, judge, or ridicule a fellow community member is not the purpose for our life. Our purpose is to LOVE God and LOVE others. How can you love others this week with word and action?
Resources to help you receive & release His Great Love
Breath prayer: Inhale: Help me to receive your love / Exhale: Help me to release your love
Lectio Divina:1 John 4:7-5:5 (try this 3X this week)
Daily Examen: Today, how did I receive the love of God and how did I release it?
Watch & Read (see links below)
--The Chosen (see the love of Jesus)
--Kids: What is a Christian? Journey through 1John on Right Now Media ----Kids: Have you filled a bucket today? (book)