GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. In what types of things do you take comfort in? Put another way, when you're stressed, what are some ways you to try to escape?
2. Among your comforts and means of escape, are there some that are healthy and God honoring?
3. Have you ever considered that some of your comforts and means of escape might be idolatrous? If idolatrous, how so? How might one distinguish between healthy/God honoring comforts and idolatrous ones?
4. In reference to the C.S. Lewis quote provided above, why do we all too often settle for less, ("mud pies" versus a "holiday by the sea")? How might we change this?
5. How might having a self-awareness, in regard to the fruit of the Spirit, help you progress in fulfilling God's purpose for your life and/or be a more faithful servant?