The series Together: Responding to His Great Love is foundational to our new beginning at PCC. By studying the 12 springs from the great well of God’s love in the Book of 1 John, our hope is that it would empower us to love ourselves and others more, as we seek His future direction. This week, we focus on how God’s love provides us with grace and compassion for ourselves and others.
1. In the last week, how did you receive and/or release the love of God? If not, what could you do to position your soul more to do so?
2. Lectio Divina: 1 John 3:11-24 What stands out (words, phrases, theme) to you after the second or third time you read it through?
3. Have you ever experienced active grace and compassion in your own life? What was it like? How did it make you feel?
4. How can you express active grace and compassion to others around you this day/ week/ month?
5. Who are you going to grab ice cream with this week, and sit and chat about verse 18?
Resources to help you receive & release His Great Love
Inhale: Help me to receive you love / Exhale: Help me to release your love
Reflect (see links below)
Lectio Divina: 1 John 1:5-2:2 (try this 3X this week)
Daily Examen: Today, how did I receive the love of God and how did I release it?
Watch & Read (see links below)
--The Chosen (see the love of Jesus)
--Kids: What is a Christian? Journey through 1John on Right Now Media ----Kids: Have you filled a bucket today? (book)