Luke 6:27-36: Two Ways of Responding
I) Transactional responses: Doing only what is good for you.
A) Love those that ______________ you.
B) Do good to those that treat you _____________.
C) Expect extra __________________ when you lend.
D) How is this any different than the way the world does things?
II) Mercy filled responses: Doing things even when it costs you.
A) Love your ____________________.
1) Who are your enemies?
Who do you dislike or have a hard time being around?
2) _______________ love that is action based on a choice not natural affection.
B) Do good to those that _____________ you.
1) Don’t retaliate when people ________________ you. A slap in the face was a sign of disrespect.
How do people disrespect you?
2) Be prepared to give folks who don’t ________________ it!
“If Christians took this one absolutely literally there would soon be a class of saintly paupers, owning nothing, and another of prosperous idlers and thieves.” Leon Morris
C) Speak to God about your enemies instead of responding _________.
Who do you speak harshly (even if it is only in your mind)?
1) Bless those that _____________ you.
What blessings can you pray this week?
2) Pray for those who _______________ you.
Who do you need to pray for this week?
III) The motivation for mercy filled responses.
A) Being part of God’s ________________.
B) God is __________________ to believers.