GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. Are you familiar with the story of Jesus' third sign in the Gospel of John? How have you interpreted this man's story? Is Pastor Jon's interpretation the same, similar or different? How so?
2. How do you interpret the man's response to Jesus? Is it positive? Negative? Ambiguous?
3. After the man is healed, he shows little to no curiosity about Jesus. Do you see people responding to God's work in their lives similarly? Do you ever respond to God's work in your life similarly? Why or why not?
4. God isn't here to be our genie and fulfill our every desire. But, that doesn't we mean should stop bringing our desires to Jesus in prayer. What is the appropriate balance between letting Jesus know our desires and trying to control God? How can Christians best strike that balance?
5. Does your relationship with Jesus raise more questions about God's work in the world, or fewer questions?