Truth Claims We Stand Upon
1. All truth must point to the eternal and consistent nature of God, word of God, and created order intended by God (not its broken state).
2. Reality is defined by His interpretation of history and eternity, not ours.
3. While we are image bearers maintaining some good within us we are broken and our hearts deceptive above all things, therefore we must go to Him to see what is true not ourselves.
4. Truth will often feel offensive to our nature and man’s wisdom. Our world, culture, even ourselves must be conformed to His truth to find the flourishing he intended.
5. His word throughout its many genres is historically, scientifically, cosmologically, and spiritually TRUE. Our frame of reference as we look at the world, science, and history begins here not the other way around.
6. All definitions, purposes, and experiences must be aligned with the consistent clarity of Himself revealed, or principles seen in Himself revealed.