Discussion and Application Questions for Group Life Communities and Personal Study- Luke 24: 13-35
Observe – Luke 24: 13-35 Take time to read the passage… one or several times. What words or ideas captures your attention? Where are words repeated? What is a new thought about the passage?
- Note the summation of the day's events from the words of the disciples (v 19-24). Discuss the key points emphasized by the disciples. What stands out to you from their description? Does it differ from your understanding of the final hours of his life?
- How does the ‘mystery man’ respond to their statement? How does his response surprise you?
- What opened the eyes of the disciples to the identity of Jesus? How did Jesus vanish from their sight?
- Why is it so important that events of the day should be interpreted through the Scriptures beginning with Moses and the prophets (v 27…also v 32 & 44-45)
- The disciples said that their hearts were burning within them while they were talking to Jesus on the road. What do you think that means? Have you ever experienced a ‘burning heart’ moment with God? What keeps us from having continuous ‘burning heart’ moments?
- How can resurrection faith be bolstered by the confirmation of other believers? How is resurrection faith a group experience?
- In what ways do you think Jesus comes alongside you in unseen ways? How would you like Jesus to ‘show up’ in your life this week? What are you hoping for from Jesus?
- How can your faith in the risen Jesus influence your attitude and choices today?
- How do your experiences with Jesus help you to convey his good news to others?
Four Principles for Living the Missio Dei:
*Share in life with people who do not yet know Jesus.
*Inspire others to know and follow Jesus by living your faith attractively.
*Grow with others in your faith and obedience.
*Serve others with sacrificial love.
This week let’s pray for each other that we may experience the living Jesus in our lives and relationships.