Leviticus 23:23-25: Festival of Trumpets
I) The Festival of Trumpets:
A) It was a special _______________. There was not to be any work.
B) This festival fell on the first day of the month when __________ moon appeared.
C) The blowing of ______________ trumpets played an important role.
D) It was a day to remember the __________ of God and obedience to his commandments.
1) There were a number of extra ______________ sin offerings.
2) The trumpets reminded the people of the trumpet sound at Mount ___________ when God gave the 10 commandments.
E) Shofar Trumpets reminded the Israelites of God’s __________.
1) Ram’s __________ reminded them of the substitute ram for Isaac.
2) At Sinai, God reminded them how he delivered them from _______.
F) The trumpets were also a sign of God’s ______________.
G) The shofar announced the crowning of a __________ and reminded them that God was sovereign over all.
H) Festival of Trumpets was assimilated into Rosh Hashanah, the celebration of the Jewish civil New Year.
1) The month of Elul is spent reflecting on the past and making goals for improvement on the next year.
2) Families have a festive dinner before attending evening synagogue service.
3) They perform __________ (started in Middle Ages), where they symbolically cast their sins in body of water.
4) There is a special synagogue service in the morning that involves ___________ prayers and the blowing the shofars.
5) 10 Days of ________ (Repentance): They consider their sins and repent before Yom Kippur.
II) How Jesus will fulfill the Feast of Trumpets
A) The trumpet will resound when Jesus comes ___________.
B) Christ will bring ____________ to believers & judgment to unbelievers.
C) Christ will _________ over the new heavens and the new earth.
III) How Festival of Trumpets applies to us today.
A) We need ________________ our lives, become aware of our sin, and repent and believe in Christ Jesus.
B) We need to ___________ the good news to others even when it goes against our culture.