Families need to know their words, their love, and their people all impact not just the adults but the kids as well. And those kids become adults. The aim of this series, Family Table - Realizing Your Impact, is to empower and resource families to be intentional with their words, their love, and the people they do life with.
1. How did your parents model love in your family? What impact did that have in your life?
2. According to Family Pastor Danny Bowers, love is costly. See John 3:16. How was true love shown to all mankind? What was the cost?
3. View the video (see below) of how parents modeled love and the imprint it left on them. What are your reactions? If you have older children or grandchildren, ask them how love has been shown to them and the impact it has had in their life.Share the responses with your group.
4. According to Pastor Danny, our pace of life is characterized by: 1) Time 2) Energy 3) Patience. Which one of these is the easiest for you? The hardest? How are you measuring up in giving your time, energy, and patience to your kids and teens?
5. This week we lost a giant in the faith. After fighting his battle with cancer, evangelist Luis Palau went home to be with the Lord at age 86 on Thursday, March 11. But not before having an impact on millions of people for the Lord. He gave his time, energy, patience, and love to people throughout his life. How does his life or another life you have known inspire you to have an impact in the community? In the world?
1. The Family Table Online Resources (see below)
2. Find your place to serve in Family Ministries (see below)
3. Lent Resources: Prayer / 40 Day Devotionals Option 1 & Option 2