1. As we talked about this story, did the Lord bring to your mind anyone that He has placed in your life that you feel led to reach out to? Have you ever felt led to reach out to this person before? If so, did you? Why or why not?
2. There were numerous things that could have stopped these friends from bringing their paralyzed friend to Jesus. What typically stops you from having conversations about your faith with people?
3. The friends from this story must have acted as a team. Have you ever thought of evangelism as a team effort before? How so? How could having more of a team mindset help you better invite people to have a relationship with Christ? Who are the believers in your life that could pray for you and the unbelieving people that God has placed in your life?
4. Because the friends got the paralyzed man to Jesus, Jesus healed the man and everyone in the surrounding area was amazed. Dream about what the domino effect could be if you started praying for and having conversations about your faith with the unbelievers in your life. What could that domino effect look like?
5. What practical step(s) can you take to reach out to the unbelieving people in your life? Who can keep you accountable to that?