Worship Gathering - Lent: The Power of the Gospel #2
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday is the first Sunday in Lent. Last week, we began a new sermon series called **Lent: The Power of the Gospel**. Lent is a preparation time for the Easter season. While we are processing through Lent, we can't forget that the Sundays in Lent are celebrations... celebrating the power of the gospel. So we'll be looking at some of the key ways that Jesus demonstrated His power during His lifetime.
This is also our **Communion Sunday**. For those of you viewing online, please be prepared with the elements that you will be using for this time. We will take Communion early on in the service.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Have you ever witnessed a faith healing? Conversely, have you or someone you know ever gone to a faith healer but failed to experience any change? What are your thoughts on faith healing?
3. How do you respond to medical and scientific objections to stories like these of Jesus accomplishing miracle healings?
4. Are you a naturally trusting person? Why or why not?
5. There is a multitude of ways that most of us live under authority, from home and family to government and law. What is your experience of being under authority? When do you receive it well? When do you resist it?
6. How easily do you obey the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament? What are some of the ways you find it challenging?
7. How can we encourage and pray for each other as we live into God's ways this week?