GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. After Jesus proclaims himself to be the "Light of the World," the Pharisees begin trying to debate technicalities with him. Can you recall a time when you received a similar response to sharing your faith?
2. How did you respond in this situation? What did you feel?
3. Of Jesus' "I am" statements that follow with a metaphor, "I am the Light of the World" is the only one Jesus states in two different settings. Why might this be significant?
4. There are various possibilities for what Jesus means when he calls himself "The Light of the World." What do you think Jesus means by this phrase?
5. In what ways have you experienced Jesus as the "Light of the World" in your life?