GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. In the past year, has your inner strength and faith slid from "rock" foundation towards or onto shifting "sands"? If so, how? Try to identify the top three, 2020 circumstances that have "shaken" your foundation. What are they? Is this the majority's direction for spiritual drift? In other words...
2. ... for some, it's possible that spiritual drift moved from shifting sands towards rock foundation. Is this true for you? If so, how? If so, why?
3. In the message, the 1st commandment was referenced. Spiritual drift towards shifting sands implies reliance on lessers "gods"? Can you identify what those may be for you? How might you shift your spiritual drift back towards God?
4. Do God's supremacy and sovereignty influence your sense of thanksgiving? If so, how? There are many additional, Biblical characteristics attributable to God. Try to list three more. How might those attributes speak into your spirit of thanksgiving?
5. Close out by creating a master list of things you are thankful for, then close in prayer.