Week 1 || Restart Smart | Where to get your restart
Text: Proverbs 1:1-7
Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our everyday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors.
In Proverbs 1, we see that wisdom begins with a proper understanding of who God is. It grows in us as we grow in our healthy fear of Him.
1. What’s something you wish you knew ten years ago?
2. READ PROVERBS 1:1-7. What stands out to you? Do you find yourself intrigued by or indifferent to the offer of wisdom this text presents?
3. Proverbs 1:7 teaches that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,” and Proverbs 9:10 repeats that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom/and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
Does the idea of “fearing” God bother you? Why or why not?
4. We’ve said that wisdom is “the skillful art of living in God’s world.” What makes wisdom different from information? Which is easier to find? Which makes life easier to live?
5. Talk about a time when you tried to make a wise decision, but things didn’t work out. What stood in the way of you walking in wisdom?
6. Think through the areas listed below:
-Relationships Spiritual Life
-Morality Physical Health
-Where do you need a restart? Why?
7. PRAY. Ask God to give you insight to see where He’s leading you and courage to submit to His wisdom.