Discussion and Application Questions for Group Life Communities and Personal Study-
We encourage you to use the observe, interpret, apply method of studying the scriptures. Your own observations, questions and application will serve you the best as you dig into the text. The following questions are giving as tools for you to make your own personal discoveries and action steps. Share your thoughts with others.
- How do these verses relate to the comments of Jesus in the previous verses 11 & 12?
- What is the connection between salt and light?
-What does it mean to be thrown out and trampled under foot?'
- What does glorify mean?
- Why does Jesus call his disciples to go out as salt and light?
- Read Matthew 4:13-17. What insight does this prophecy from Isaiah add to your understanding of light?
- Why would a person want to hid the light?
- Are good deeds that only way people will see the goodness of Jesus?
- What would your world be like if there were no ‘salty’ people or people who hid their light?
- What risk must you take if you will be salt and light this week?
- What tangible ways will your light shine this week?
- Where do you think you need to be salt and light this week?
Next Session - "Build This Person into Your Life". Matthew 7: 7-20