Genesis 48:1-50:14: Israel’s Death
I) Jacob's final interaction with Joseph. Genesis 48
A) Jacob knows he will ___________ soon.
B) Jacob reminds Joseph and his sons of God’s covenantal __________.
C) Jacob _______________ Ephraim and Manasseh as his own sons.
D) Jacob _____________ Joseph and his sons.
1) He encourages them to trust God’s ______________.
2) He asks God to continue his promise to Jacob to this next ___________________.
E) Jacob announces that the _________ Ephraim will become the greater.
II) Jacob gathers the family for a final blessing. Genesis 49
A) Reuben, Simeon and Levi’s past actions ____________ their rights.
B) Judah will flourish.
1) His descendants will ___________ in the future nation.
2) Christ’s final rule is prophesied in this blessing.
C) Zebulun, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher and Naphtali will ___________.
D) Joseph’s descendants will be very _______________.
E) Benjamin will _____________.
III) Jacob's Death and Burial Genesis 49:29-50:14
A) Jacob repeats his wish to be ___________ in the promised land.
1) Jacob knows that when he ______ he will join the people of God.
2) He wants to remind his descendants Egypt is not their final ______.
B) Jacob dies.
C) Jacob is given the ___________ treatment by Egyptians.
D) God keeps his _________. Jacob is buried in his homeland.
IV) God’s plan of redemption for today!
A) Parents it is vitally important that we _______________ teach our children about Christ’s redemption.Deuteronomy 6:4-9
B) Believers have a Great _________who is leading them through life! John 10:11, Psalm 23
C) Believers can be _______________that if they have put their faith in Christ they will be with God and his people when they die.John 14:1-10