Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1) What stood out to you from the sermon?
2) The Watchtower teaches that Revelation 14 says that only 144,000 faithful Jehovah’s Witnesses will be resurrected to Heaven. How does today’s sermon explain who the 144,000 are?
3) In Revelation 14 we are given three choices to make that lead us to repentance. The first one is to fear God, meaning being awe-struck by God. But based on our actions and priorities, what other things are we being awe-struck by? How can we put them in the right perspective?
4) A second choice that leads to repentance is to flee Babylon (meaning earthly systems of power, culture, politics, law, and technology that are set up against God). Yet these marks of a civilization can also be very good. How do you navigate using these marks without letting them become your Babylon?
5) A third choice that leads to repentance is to choose the Kingdom of the Lamb. How does keeping your place in the Kingdom of God first make a difference when you consider your place in the world, country, state, city, or even family?