Genesis 43:1-45:15: Benjamin comes to Egypt
I) Judah and Jacob / Israel (Genesis 43:1-6)
A) The ________________ continues to hit Jacob’s family hard.
B) Jacob / Israel is still reluctant to send ______________.
C) Judah steps up and takes the _______________ role.
Who are the people who lovingly speak the truth even when it is difficult to hear?
D) Jacob / Israel finally gives in and __________ Benjamin to go to Egypt.
II) Joseph and His Brothers (Genesis 43:17-44:12)
A) Joseph is eagerly ________________ for his brothers.
B) Joseph’s kindness is ____________ to his brothers.
1) The brothers profess their _______________ to Joseph’s steward.
2) The Egyptian steward points them to God’s ______________.
C) Joseph is overwhelmed at the sight of _______________.
D) Joseph ______________ with his brothers!
E) Joseph’s tests:
1) Benjamin received __________ at the banquet.
2) The ____________ cup in Benjamin’s sack.
III) Judah and the half-brothers (Genesis 44:13-33)
A) The brothers are __________ up by the cup.
B) Judah ____________ up for his brothers.
1) He offers that _____ the brothers can become Joseph’s servants.
2) Judah offers to take Benjamin’s place as he promised his _______.
IV) Joseph reveals himself to his brothers. (Genesis 45:1-15)
A) His brothers are flabbergasted and ___________.
B) Joseph shows his brothers _____________!
C) He shares that _______ used this horrible situation to bring about redemption.
V) God’s plan of redemption
A) The incriminating question: How can you repay ________ with evil?
B) In his _____________, God can use evil human deeds to accomplish redemption.
1) God used these__________ to transform Joseph’s brothers!
2) God can use ________ things in our lives to transform us too.
3) God used the evil ______ of Joseph to save his family from famine.
4) God used the evil ___________ of Jesusto redeem believers.