Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1) What stood out to you from the sermon?
2) Read Genesis 3:1-5 and Rev 12:9. From the beginning to the end, Satan uses near-truths. How does he do this as both the serpent and the beast?
3) If you were marked with the logo of what you are most loyal to, what would it be? (it could be a team, a brand of clothes, your children’s names, a political movement, a cause you support etc.)
4) Why do you think God allows the Beasts in Revelation 13 to roam the earth with power, gaining worship?
5) Read 2 Corinthians 11: 3-4 and 13-15. If Satan masquerades as an Angel of Light, how can we be on guard and discerning against him?
Pray for these days leading up to the election, and how we as people of the light can be peacemakers, no matter which candidates are elected. Consider joining your church family for a night of prayer for our nation, and worship of the only One on the throne - Thursday, Nov 5, 6:30pm at Brookside campus (indoor, with masks). Register online.