We combine faith in the Lord and trusting in Christ with other things. Many of which may seem small, but can be very deeply impacting and even costly.
Some of the things we mix in that distract a pure faith in following the Lord are:
• Animism - God is found in objects
• Hedonism - Pleasure is ultimate
• Superstition - Special patterns produce certain results
• Gnosticism - knowledge is the means to God
• Universalism - all roads lead to God
• Pluralism - more than one way to God
• Mysticism - an unknown idea or practice that leads people to discover God in places no one knew he could be found
• Humanism - man is at the center of everything
• Deism - there is a God, but not personal
• Dudeism - we can actually create a religion by just inserting our name and defining it by our practice.