GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. The Gospel of Mark often portrays the disciples as not getting it. Based on the extent of your Biblical knowledge, what are your impressions of the disciples? How might Mark's portrayals specifically, and the Bible's portrayals generally, inspire you? Why?
2. James and John asked Jesus for positions of power and glory. In what ways do people seek power and glory in our culture? In what ways do Christians seek power and glory? How might power and glory blind us?
3. Jesus restores blind Bartimaeus' sight. In what ways does God restore those who are blinded by power and glory? Specifically, how does that come about?
4. When you think about the world today, how might it better align with God's hope for it? What might that look like? Are you a willing tool in God's hands to help align the world towards God's hopes for it? If so, how? If so, to what extent does it involve suffering? If not, why not?
5. Where in the world do you see Jesus restoring communities, today? People's lives, today? How has Jesus been at work to bring restoration to your own life? How might you better come along Jesus' side to bring restoration to your community? To lives around you?