- Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
- We yield our whole being to God, the Lordship of Christ, and the promptings of the Holy Spirit.
- By the spirit we put to death the deeds of the sinful deeds of the body.
- We take steps that will increase sanctification in our lives.
- Make wise choices in light of the different struggles we each know that we have.
- Engage in spiritual disciplines to be attuned to God, to feed our spirit, and to
starve our sinful desires.