GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. Does "If they're not hostile, treat them like friends." seem like an accurate interpretation of Jesus' principle in Mark 9:38-40?
2. Take a minute and come up with your own version of this principle.
3. However you say it, what implications does this principle have for Christians today?
4. Would practicing this cause you to think differently about any of the issues we face today?
5. What groups or topics in the news can you apply this to?
6. Which headlines don’t qualify for this principle?
7. If you had to choose one group that you are against, which would it be?
8. What do you know about their position or beliefs that make it seem they are against you?
9. As you think about that group, could it be that, yes, they believe or act differently from you but even so, are not actively against you?
10. Can you imagine them being either for you or, at least, neutral towards you?
11. What groups could our church work with, if our standard is - if they aren’t against us, they are for us?