Genesis 39:1-23 Joseph & Potiphar’s Wife
I) Joseph is sold into slavery.
A) Joseph was completely _____________.
B) Potiphar was a ___________ man because he was charge of Pharaoh’s secret service.
C) God was Joseph’s _____________ companion in the midst of difficult circumstances.
D) Joseph moved up the corporate ______________.
1) Joseph started off as a ___________ servant.
2) Joseph then took charge of his ______________.
3) Joseph became responsible for ____________ Potiphar owned.
II) Betrayed by Potiphar's life
A) Joseph was a ____________ young man.
B) Potiphar’s wife sexually _____________ Joseph.
C) Joseph refuses and gives three reasons.
1) He doesn’t want to break Potiphar’s _______.
2) She is a ____________ woman.
3) This sinful act goes against God’s ______.
D) Joseph _________ her entrapment.
1) She uses the cloak as ________ of her deception.
2) She plays the ___________ card.
3) She ___________ her husband for bringing Joseph into the house.
III) Potiphar became angry.
A) This would be righteous anger toward _______ if he believed his wife.
B) Potiphar putting Joseph in ___________ rather than executing him implies he knows his wife is lying.
IV) God was with Joseph in prison.
A) Joseph was given responsibility because the _________ saw God was with him.
B) God ____ left Joseph. He remained his faithful covenantal companion!
V) Lessons for us!
A) Our success is a ___________ from God.
B) We are called to live lives of ___________ and flee from temptation.
C) Even if we do this ________, we may still face difficult circumstances.
D) Christ is our covenantal companion. God is ___________ with us!