Every parent and grandparent here, have Timothies in their lives.
- Young men and women who's discipleship you are responsible for.
- THE WAY YOU LIVE MATTERS.
God, in His infinite wisdom, hardwired human beings to learn, by example, from the people who take care of them.
They watch the life you live. They imitate it.
- If you live like a pagan, they will find it difficult to not live like pagans themselves.
- If worship is not important to you, it will be difficult for it to become important to them.
- If you never pray… never read your Bible. They probably won’t either.
BUT, the good news is, that if you have a sincere faith… and if you will be honest in the way you live out that faith in front of them, then there is a good chance they will have a sincere faith as well.
I am not saying that you have to be perfect and never make a mistake… in fact that is the opposite of what I am saying.
- If you will be honest and transparent about your faith with your children then you will be giving them an honest testimony of the power of the gospel.
- If they see you make mistakes. See you repent. And see you restored again. And again and again… they will understand that this faith is not snake oil. It’s real!
If they see you making an honest attempt to be disciplined in your walk with Christ. Praying, studying, worshiping… etc
- They will witness the fruit that comes from that discipline and they will want to be disciplined as well.