Why should we appreciate pastors?
1. Because our Pastors were selected by none other than God Himself. That alone should make us appreciate him.
2. Because our Pastors carries burdens that you know nothing about. Trust me; you don’t know the half of it! Aside from wearing far more hats than he should, he also carries the burdens of the entire congregation.
3. Because our Pastor has many of the same struggles that we have at work, at home, in relationships, financially, and so on. The difference is that there are very, very few people that our pastor can go to just to share these struggles.
4. Because he puts up with our criticism, complaints, and wacky ideas for ministries. Like any of us, Pastors need to hear the good more than the bad, but that’s rarely the case.
5. Because our Pastor needs to know we are with him. Whether you are a staff member or not, giving your support through appreciation is critical to your Pastor.