Life Group Questions
2 Corinthians 8:1-9
2 Corinthians 9:6-11
1. Do you get nervous talking about money in church? Why or why not?
2. How does John Piper's statement “It’s all God’s. (Psalm 24:1) So, the issue is not 10% but the 90%. What we do with the 90% is worship or idolatry” affect you? Have you ever thought of it that way? Do you believe that statement is true?
3. Paul said that the people "gave themselves first to God, then to us" (2 Cor 8:5). Have you ever felt burdened by people, over whelmed by their neediness, or burnt out from serving them? How does the truth in this verse affect that?
4. Paul is CAREFUL not to command the Corinthians to give a gift (chp 8:8) and to explain the heart of the giver (chp 9:7). Why is this so important?
5a. Messages like this can be misconstrued to be "prosperity gospel". "Give and God will bless you and make you rich!" Does God want you to be rich?Why or why not?
5b. What does God actually promise in verses 8-11? And to what end purpose?
6. Has anyone taken the CHALLENGE from the sermon? (Look for some way to be a blessing to someone. Bless them in such a way that God is glorified!) If so, tell us what it was and how it turned out.
*Remind everyone to signup and be ready to serve NEXT WEEKEND the 14th/15th!!!!