Eph. 6:10-18 (Pg 950 /1820): The Spiritual Battle
I) Our strength and power are from the Lord
A) The armor helps, but God is the ultimate source of our ____________________.
B) Many assume Paul only used this armor metaphor because his readers often saw ________________ soldiers wearing it.
C) The armor concepts are taken from Isaiah and are characteristics of the __________________. Isa 11:1-5 & 59:17
II) There is a communal aspect to this battle.
A) Paul’s commands are 2nd person ____________ (You all).
B) Armor focuses on the __________.
III) The gospel should impact every aspect of our lives because it ____________ us against Satan's attacks.
A) Putting on the armor means to put on Christ or striving to become more like Him.
B) The Belt of _______________
1) __________________ is one of Satan’s primary means to hurt our relationship with God.
2) We need to know truth of who we are in ____________.
3) We need to trust the absolute ____________ that the Bible communicates.
C) Breastplate of ________________________
1) Remember that God view’s believers through the lens of Christ’s _________________. (Imputed righteousness)
2) We must also strive to live ___________ lives because Satan attacks through our sin. (Imparted righteousness)
D) Shoes of the Gospel of ________.
1) We are called to ____________ the gospel message to others.
2) The gospel _______________ us in hard times.
E) Shield of _______________
F) Helmet of _____________________
G) Sword of the Spirit, the _____________ of God
1) Prayer for _______ reminds us we are in a communal battle.
2) Prayer also reveals our ____________________ on God.