Acts 19:8- (900 / 1724) Our God Is Greater
I) The Biblical Story
A) ___________________: A very wealthy city in modern day Turkey.
1) Its temple of __________ was one of the 7 wonders of the world.
2) It was known for practicing black magic and ______________.
B) Paul preached in the Jewish synagogue and lecture hall of Tyrannus for __________ years.
C) God did ____________________ miracles through Paul to show the power of God.
1) Paul’s _______________________ healed the sick.
2) Christ was the source of this ___________ and it could only be accessed through faith.
3) The ___________ of God caused many to trust in Jesus!
D) Paul faced _____________ because Christianity was making people buy less Artemis idols.
1) Demetrius stirred up a riot to ____________ the goddess Artemis.
2) The majority of the people didn’t even know _________ they were rioting.
3) Thankfully, an elected official is able to ___________ the crowd.
E) Paul moves on to _____________________.
II) Idols and idolatry.
A) What the ancients worshipped overtly and consciously, people today often worship covertly and ________________________.
B) Idols are anything that promises us a life of security and joy ___________ from God.
C) When our idols are threatened, we will do everything to _______________ them.
What things do you think you need to protect?
D) When are idols are attacked, we often react _______________to the pain it causes. .
What things cause you to become angry or fearful?
III) The Gospel __________________ us from idolatry.
A) Paul reminds us that Christ is the only one ________________ of our praise.
B) Christ ________________ on our behalf so that we can have a relationship with God.
C) God ___________________ us and can use all things for our good.