Ephesians 6:1-4: Parent Child Relationships
A) Children are an important part of the _____________ family.
B) Children strive to ____________ your parents always, right away and in a cheerful way.
1) While under your parents’ care, you should live by their _______.
2) One exception: God’s word and rules always _______ your parents.
C) Children are to ____________ their parents.
1) Honor means to give something the proper __________.
2) Honoring parents is important because it teaches proper respect for God and human _______________, which makes life better.
3) We can honor our parents by talking __________________ to them.
4) We can honor our parents by doing __________ that show them we care.
5) We can honor our parents by __________ for them and looking out for their needs.
6) We can honor our parents by being willing to __________ them.
7) We can honor them in the way we talk _________ our parents and parenthood in general.
What can you do this week to show love to your parents?
A) Do not _______________(needlessly anger) your children.
B) Nurture your kids towards ____________________.
C) _________ your children up in the Lord.
1) Discipline: It is important that we hold our kids ________________ for their actions.
2) Instruction: ____________ and counsel our children.
III) We all need to look to our perfect Father through his son, Jesus.