For Further Study:
Community Group Discussion (or personal homework)
For the week of February 19, 2017
1. Describe a time when you were truly happy. What was your happiness based upon?
2. Pastor Mike taught that true happiness has nothing to do with material wealth. He stated that God did not commend poverty or condemn wealth. What scripture or scriptures back this up.
3. Think about the last time you felt godly sorrow over sin. What action did it lead to and what was the result?
4. Meekness Defined: Power under control, submission - standing in direct contrast to stubborn, willful, rebellious, self-centeredness of the natural man. How is this lived out practically in your daily life?
5. 1 Peter 5:5 states that God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble. How do you see this as being key to your happiness?
6. We all have seasons of life where we are truly more hungry or thirsty for God's presence. How can the following prayer model help you live in continual hunger and thirst for the living God?