For Further Study:
Community Group Notes
For the week of January 22, 2017
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. This weekend we started a new series that will help us identify what it takes to be an effective Christian and make a difference in our world. When you think of a mature Christian, what character qualities or attributes come to mind?
What habits, practices or disciplines, if any, have you used to develop any of those character qualities in your own life?
What are some obstacles or challenges that you may face as you mature spiritually? See James 1:2-4 and Philippians 3:12-21.
2. Pastor Mike pointed out that a biblical mindset is built upon our understanding of what the Bible actually says. It’s good to remember that it can take some work to understand Jesus’ teaching. Read the following passages and write down a few truths or principles that Jesus was communicating. Keep in mind that Jesus used many different teaching techniques to get His points across.
3. Which of the following statements are found in the Bible?
- This too shall pass
- Pride comes before the fall
- The Love of Money is the root of all evil
- The Lion will lay down with the Lamb
- Hate the sin, not the sinner
- Spare the rod, spoil the child
- God helps those who help themselves
- All things work together for good
- Cleanliness is next to godliness
- Moderation in all things
- The Lord works in mysterious ways
4. Understanding our preferred learning style can help us approach the Bible in a way that fits who we are. What type of learner are you?
How could you use your learning style to develop your biblical thinking?
Check out www.learning-styles-online.com for a free learning style inventory.