1. Were you raised in a family where everyone believed in God?
2. Why do you think some people don’t believe in God? Was there ever a time when you personally didn’t believe in God? If so, what convinced you that God really did exist?
3. How would you try to convince someone that God existed?
4. Read Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:18-20. In what ways does creation reveal the existence of God? What are some of God’s attributes or characteristics that are revealed through creation (for example, the sun reveals his glory)?
5. Do you agree that everyone was born with a conscience? Read Romans 2:14-16. How does the presence of a conscience make a case for the existence of God?
6. Read Psalm 19:7-11. Do you sense when you are reading the Bible that it is truly different than any other book? What evidence do we have that the Bible really is the Word of God?
7. Read Hebrews 1:1-2 and John 1:1-2. In what way is Jesus the ultimate proof that God exists?
8. Of the six evidences for God that were talked about in the message this weekend—creation, the conscience, the universal concept of God, the presence of beauty or creativity, God’s communication through the Bible and Christ—which, for you, is the most compelling argument for God’s existence?
9. How might you apply this lesson to your life?