1. Do you think most people get nervous when ministers start talking about money? If so, why do you think that is the case?
2. Read Matthew 6:33, Proverbs 3:9-10, Luke 6:38 and 2 Corinthians 9:6-11. What can we learn from these verses about using our money to serve God and others?
3. Read Luke 19:11-14. Who are the different people represented in this story? In what ways was this parable prophetic?
4. Read Luke 19:15-23. Why do you think the one servant hid the money he had been given? What do you think Jesus was trying to communicate with this story? How do you think we ought to apply this story to our lives?
5. Read Luke 19:24-26. Why do you think the bystanders were bothered that the king gave the extra mina to the guy who already had so many? Does that seem fair to you? Why is it fair?
6. How do you think Jesus wanted his listeners to apply the parable to their lives?
7. What are some of the reasons why we aren’t more generous to the needy or why we don’t invest more of our money into God’s kingdom work?
8. How might you apply tonight’s lesson to your life?