1 John 2:18 (NLT)
18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.
1. The Bible refers to the antichcrist as being a beast in Revelation 13.
WHAT DOES GOD CONSIDER A BEAST________________________________
2 Peter 2:1 (KJV)
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. The first two characteristics of a beast (antichrist spirit):
a. they will cleverly teach destructive heresies
b. and even deny that Jesus is the only way
heresy - belief or opinion contrary to Christian doctrine
a. opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted
2 Peter 2:2 (MSG)
2 but not before they recruit a crowd of mixed-up followers who can't tell right from wrong. They give the way of truth a bad name.
3. These will say that the Bible is outdated.
a. and preachers who still teach it will be considered hard, judgmental
2 Peter 2:3 (MSG)
3 They're only out for themselves. They'll say anything, anything, that sounds good to exploit you. They won't, of course, get by with it. They'll come to a bad end, for God has never just stood by and let that kind of thing go on.
4. They will say anything to stay popular...jump to
2 Peter 2:12 (MSG)
12 These people are nothing but brute beasts, born in the wild, predators on the prowl. In the very act of bringing down others with their ignorant blasphemies, they themselves will be brought down, losers in the end.
5. Another characteristic is that they will bring others down with them because they don’t know what they are talking about.
2 Peter 2:13 (KJV)
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
6. Is it possible the riots we have seen rising is because of these types of people.
2 Peter 2:14 (KJV)
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
7. They:a. always wanting what doesn’t belong to them
b. practice sinning habitually
c. full of greed
d. lure unstable people into sin
2 Peter 2:15 (KJV)
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
8. They have forsaken the truth.
9. Balaam was guilty of ‘prophesying’ what people wanted to hear.
a. so these people will tell you things you want to hear
2 Peter 2:16 (MSG)
16 But Balaam was stopped in his wayward tracks: A dumb animal spoke in a human voice and prevented the prophet's craziness.
10. Two more characteristics come to the surface. These people are:
a. wayward - meaning self willed and unpredictableb. crazy
2 Peter 2:17 (MSG)
17 There's nothing to these people—they're dried-up fountains, storm-scattered clouds, headed for a black hole in hell.
11. They have no substance, just rhetoric.
2 Peter 2:18 (NLT)
18 They brag about themselves with empty, foolish boasting. With an appeal to twisted sexual desires, they lure back into sin those who have barely escaped from a lifestyle of deception.
12. Notice their target area...those who have barely escaped from a lifestyle of deception.
2 Peter 2:19 (NLT)
19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For you are a slave to whatever controls you.
13. Their message: It’s all for or about you.
14. Let’s take a look at some more characteristics.
Jude 1:4 (KJV)
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
15. Notice that they can just ‘come out of no where’.
Jude 1:4 (NLT)
4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
16. Their message is ‘God’s grace means you can do what you want’... jump to
Jude 1:8 (KJV)
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
17. Notice the characteristics mentioned here:
a. filthy dreamers - they get their authority from what they believe, not God
b. defile the flesh - live immoral lifestyles
c. despise dominion - anti government
d. speak evil of dignities - make fun of those in authority
Jude 1:9 (KJV)
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
18. The angel Michael wouldn’t even say the things these people do.
Jude 1:10 (KJV)
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
19. Brute (violent or savage) beasts!
Jude 1:10 (MSG)
10 But these people sneer at anything they can't understand, and by doing whatever they feel like doing—living by animal instinct only—they participate in their own destruction.
20. More characteristics:
a. mock at anything they can't understand
b. do whatever they feel like doing
c. living by animal instinct only
Jude 1:11 (NLT)
11 What sorrow awaits them! For they follow in the footsteps of Cain, who killed his brother. Like Balaam, they deceive people for money. And like Korah, they perish in their rebellion.
21. They are willing to kill, hustle you for you for your money and incite rebellion.
Jude 1:12 (NLT)
12 When these people eat with you in your fellowship meals commemorating the Lord’s love, they are like dangerous reefs that can shipwreck you. They are like shameless shepherds who care only for themselves. They are like clouds blowing over the land without giving any rain. They are like trees in autumn that are doubly dead, for they bear no fruit and have been pulled up by the roots.
22. They know how to blend in to whatever group they are trying to deceive.
a. but they have no substance
Jude 1:13 (NLT)
13 They are like wild waves of the sea, churning up the foam of their shameful deeds. They are like wandering stars, doomed forever to blackest darkness.
23. This symbolizes that they like to stir things up but are doomed to fail.
Jude 1:14-15 (MSG)
14 Enoch, the seventh after Adam, prophesied of them: "Look! The Master comes with thousands of holy angels 15 to bring judgment against them all, convicting each person of every defiling act of shameless sacrilege, of every dirty word they have spewed of their pious filth."
24. Enoch prophesied their demise.
Jude 1:16 (NLT)
16 These people are grumblers and complainers, living only to satisfy their desires. They brag loudly about themselves, and they flatter others to get what they want.
25. More characteristics of beasts. They are:
a. grumblers - they talk under their breath
b. complainers - always finding things wrong that they are unhappy about
c. living only to satisfy their desires
d.. they brag loudly about themselves
e. they flatter others to get what they want
26. There are three bests mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
a. one is already in power
b. the other two are alive and well but are not yet in power
THE THREE BEASTS________________________________________________
BEAST #1. THE BEAST SYSTEM / WORLD GOVERNMENT______________
Revelation 13:1 (KJV)
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
beast - Gk - thērion - a dangerous an / venomous animal
27. The Apostle John is seeing the future. He sees a beast rise up out of the sea.
28. This is a reference t the Mediterranean Sea.
a. the nations under antichrist will surround it on 3 sides
b. the sea also symbolizes people
29. From amongst the people, there will arise a new form of government.
30. It is a government because the seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns.
a. this government is described as a hydra, a multithreaded dragon
31. These are symbolic of:
a. seven heads - they are Mountain-Kingdoms
- that means they are dominant kingdoms- upon the landscape of world history
b. ten horns - these are political leaders
c. ten crowns - are governments
32. Out of this One World Government, will arise a ‘little horn’ (political leader).
a. this is the second beast possessed by the dragon
BEAST #2. THE ANTICHRIST_________________________________
Revelation 13:4 (KJV)
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
33. The dragon (satan) will give power to the beast, the antichrist.
power - Gk - exousia - meaning privileges, force,
a. freedom, or mastery
c. token of control, delegated influence
34. The antichrist will be able to use satanic power however he feels like it.
a. he will represent satan s being in control.
35. This will be a mockery of God the Father and Jesus while he was on this earth.
a. in essence, the antichrist is the ‘begotten son’ of satan
36. How will he use this power? (In List Form)
1. Blaspheme God (Rev. 13:5-6; Dan. 7:8-25; 11:36)
2. Overcome saints (Rev. 13:7; 7:9-17; 20:4)
3. Overcome Jews (Rev. 12:13-17; Dan. 7:21)
4. Conquer nations (Rev. 13:7; Dan. 7:8,23-24; Ezek. 38-39)
5. Destroy mystical Babylon (Rev. 17:12-17)
6. Kill the two witnesses (Rev. 11:7-12)
7. Change times and laws (Dan. 7:25)
8. Understand mysteries (Dan. 8:23)
9. Do as he will for a time (Dan. 11:36; 2Th. 2:3-4; Rev. 13)
10. Perform miracles (Rev. 13:1-18; 19:20; Dan. 8:24; 2Th. 2:8-12)
11. Cause industry to prosper (Dan. 8:25)
12. Control money / commerce (Dan. 11:38-43; Rev. 13:17; 18:1-24)
13. Cause deceptions (Rev. 13:13-18; 2Th. 2:8-12; Jn. 5:43; Dan. 8:25)
14. Control religion (Rev. 13:1-18; 14:9-11; 15:2; 16:2; Dan. 11:36)
15. Control lives in his realm (Rev. 13:15)
16. Control kings (Rev. 13:7; 17:12-17)
17. Make all nations fear him (Rev. 13:4)
18. Reign for 42 months (Rev. 13:5)
19. Mobilize nations to Armageddon (Rev. 16:13-16; 19:19-21; Ezek. 38-39)
20. Fight Jesus (Rev. 17:14; 19:11-21; Dan. 8:25; Zech. 14:1-5)
BEAST #3. THE FALSE PROPHET_______________________________
Revelation 13:11 (KJV)
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
37. This beast comes out of the earth.
a. the first two came out of the sea (1. Government 2. Antichrist)
coming up out of the earth - symbolizes that he will be worldly, not holy
Like a lamb symbolizes ministry/ minister/religion.
a. in this case, a world religious leader
38. In this case it is the world religion of tolerance.
a. that all religions end up with Jehovah God
39. This movement is happening at this time.
40. But he doesn’t preach the Gospel, he speaks ‘dragon’.
41. In this case it would now be political correctness and popular opinion.
42. Here are some facts about the second beast, the false prophet____________
1. He also will be a man.
a. the first beast is a man
b. , so the second one must also be a man as well
c. because personal pronouns are used referring to both of them, indicating they are people
2. He will come out of the earth
43. There is no intimation that he will be from the underworld or that he will be a man resurrected from the dead.
a. because both beasts symbolize two natural men
3. He will come after the antichrist and will be his prophet (Rev. 19:20; 20:10).
4. He will come with a lamb-like appearance to deceive, but will speak like the dragon (Rev. 13:11).
5. He will exercise all the power of the first beast or Antichrist before him.
(Rev. 13:2,12; 19:20; 2Th. 2:8-12)
6. He will cause people on earth to worship the first beast.
(Rev. 13:12; 17:8-11}
7. He will do great miracles:
a. calling fire from heavenb. counterfeiting miracles(Rev. 13:13; 19:20)
8. He will deceive people by the miracles he will do in the sight of the first beast (Rev. 13:14; 19:20).
9. He will cause people to make an image of the first beast to be worshiped.
(Rev. 13:14; 14:9-11; 15:2; 16:2; 20:4-6).
10. He will have power to give life to the image causing it to speak and do personal acts (Rev. 13:15; cp. Ex. 7:10-12).
11. He will cause the image to demand the death penalty for all who will not worship the Antichrist (Rev. 13:15; 7:9-17; 15:2; 20:4-6).
12. He will cause people in the kingdom of antichrist to take a mark, or the name of the antichrist, or the number of his name in the right hand or in the forehead (Rev. 13:16; 14:9-11; 15:2; 16:2; 20:4-6).
13. He will make a law that no man might buy or sell if he does not take one of the three brands (Rev. 13:17).
14. He will be equal to the first beast in sending demon spirits, working through ambassadors, to gather the nations to Armageddon (Rev. 16:13-16; 19:19-21).
15. He will be taken with the Antichrist at Armageddon and be cast alive into the lake of fire...alive (Rev. 19:20).
Revelation 20:10 (NLT)
10 Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
E N D