Last revised on 6/5/2012
- Acceptance of Terms
- Description of Service
- Your Registration Obligations
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by YouVersion's registration form(s) (the 'Registration Data') and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If LifeChurch.tv suspects that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, LifeChurch.tv has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of YouVersion (or any portion thereof). LifeChurch.tv is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents of children under the age of 13 who allow their children to access YouVersion must acknowledge that YouVersion is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as your child's legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether YouVersion is appropriate for your child.
- Member Account, Password and Security
- immediately notify LifeChurch.tv of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
- Member Conduct
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, discriminatory, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a LifeChurch.tv official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through YouVersion;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ('Rights') of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail,' 'spam,' 'chain letters,' 'pyramid schemes,' or any other form of solicitation
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt YouVersion or servers or networks connected to YouVersion, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to YouVersion;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;;
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- 'stalk' or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth above.
- comply with legal process;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of LifeChurch.tv, its users and the public.
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Global Nature of Communications
- Content Submitted or Made Available for Inclusion on the Service
- With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of YouVersion, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display and make derivative works of such Content for the purposes of providing and promoting the specific YouVersion area to which such Content was submitted or made available. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on YouVersion and will terminate at the time you remove or LifeChurch.tv removes such Content from YouVersion.
- With respect to Content other than photographs, graphics, audio or video you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of YouVersion, the perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly display and make derivative works of such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
- 'Publicly accessible.' 'Publicly accessible' areas of YouVersion are those areas that are intended to be available to the general public. Publicly accessible areas of YouVersion would include, but are not limited to, message boards, blog comments, community areas, and forums that are open to both members and visitors.
- Contributions to YouVersion
- your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information;
- LifeChurch.tv is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions;
- LifeChurch.tv shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide;
- LifeChurch.tv may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development;
- your Contributions automatically become the property of LifeChurch.tv without any obligation of LifeChurch.tv to you; and
- you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from LifeChurch.tv under any circumstances.
- Indemnity and Release of Liability
- YouVersion will meet your requirements;
- YouVersion will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; and
- the results that may be obtained from the use of YouVersion will be accurate or reliable. Under no circumstances will LifeChurch.tv be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content made available via YouVersion.
- No Resale of Service
- General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
- Modifications to Service
- Dealings with Third Parties
- Proprietary Rights
- Limitation of Liability
- the use or the inability to use YouVersion;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on YouVersion; or
- any other matter relating to YouVersion.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries
- Trademark Information
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest in question;
- A written description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A written description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on YouVersion;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address (all that apply);
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A written statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner, or that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner. LifeChurch.tv's
You acknowledge, consent and agree that LifeChurch.tv may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of YouVersion, including your Content, may involve
No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your LifeChurch.tv account is non-transferable, and any rights to your LifeChurch.tv ID or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, LifeChurch.tv may terminate your account and permanently delete all contents therein.