Kushti Lavs 1981 (KLAVS)
Romany - Romany: Angloromani
RomanyRomany has been spoken by Romanichal Gypsies in Britain for over 500 years. The pure Romani language mixed with spoken English, formed the modern Romany speech sometimes known as the Pogadi Chib (mixed up language), or to scholars as Anglo-Romani. It is spoken by Gypsies in Britain and where they have settled in Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Many Romany words have come into British English slang such as kushti, mush, chav and wonga. Romany is not fully intelligible with other Romani languages found in Europe and the Americas, although it has some shared vocabulary.
Kushti Lavs (Good News)Shavved and then got latchered 1973
In 1973 the British and Foreign Bible Society (BFBS) published a Romany translation of Luke 15 called Shavved then got latchered (Lost and Found). This was a diglot of British Romany and English. The English text used the Good News Bible. It consisted of the stories of the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin and the Lost Son.
* The Bokro that was Latchered: Luke 15:1-7,
* The Lovva that was Latchered: Luke 15:8-10,
* The Chavvi that shavved and was latchered: Luke 15:11-32
A Kushti Lav 1979
In 1979 BFBS published Romany Scripture selections called A Kushti Lav (Good News for You); which consisted of
* Jesus Heals a Leper: Mark 1:4-45,
* The Rich and Poor: Mark 12:41-44,
* Jesus Calms a Storm: Luke 8:22-25
More Kushti Lavs 1981
In 1981 BFBS published Romany Scripture selections called More Kushti Lavs which consisted of:
* Jesus is Rejected at Nazareth: Luke 4:16-19,
* The Rich Man and Lazarus: Luke 16:19-31,
* Jesus Heals Ten Men: Luke 17: 11-19 and
* Jesus is Crucified: Luke 23:32-43
These 3 selections, combined and collectively called Kushti Lavs, It consists of selections from Mark and Luke. In 2013 these were digitised from the British and Foreign Bible Society (BFBS) archives in Cambridge, as part of the UBS Romani Affinity Group Romani digitisation project.
© British and Foreign Bible Society 1981, 2013
Read Version Download The Bible App Now